Our Client is one of the largest and well established Hotel Group in East Africa providing high quality, comfortable, charming safari lodges in Kenya and Uganda.
The Client seeks to fill the above position with suitably qualified and competent person with experience working as an engineer in a similar sector, mining sector among others in Uganda.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Report to the General Manager. Will be responsible to supervise, check and execute all installation and maintenance for several Hotels and lodges in. These activities will include ensuring proper installation and appropriate functioning of air conditioning / heating systems, water supply, heat, light and power, and all equipment in the hotel, while keeping a control on energy costs of the hotel.
Specific duties will include;
- To develop plans for effective functioning of the Engineering Department for the group in Kenya
- To supervise all workmen, electricians, plumbers, air-conditioning technicians, carpenters, painters, etc. in the department
- To ensure the most effective use of heat, light and power
- To constantly check and maintain a checklist pertaining to all equipment installed in the Hotel
- To schedule all preventive and planned maintenance work for the entire Hotel
- To prepare capital budget and repair and maintenance budget and present the same for approval
- To carry out methodically all periodic maintenance
- To constantly monitor and review spare part requirement and make every effort to develop them indigenously
- To assist the security officer on a regular monthly basis to work out codes of alarm to be used by key personnel in case of emergency. (This is in particular reference to fires)
- To ensure adherence to all statutory requirements such as Sewage Treatment plants, etc.
- To prepare and develop methods for greater productive and economical operation of equipment by ensuring its optimum upkeep and maintenance
- To use innovative skills to reduce the operational cost in his own area and any other area possible
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
- BSc degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Engineering and Maintenance in the Hospitality sector.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to drive Employee Engagement
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies
- Highly knowledgeable in modern engineering practices and standards in heating, cooling, laundry and other hospitality functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate as well as other benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com with a subject heading CHIEF ENGINEER by 20th October 2019. CV will be shortlisted as they are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by that date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Our other services
- Employer or Records (EOR) and Professional Employer Organization (PEO) in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania and Kampala Uganda
- Staff and Executive Recruitment /Selection Services/Agency in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
- Head hunting in Tanzania and Kampala Uganda
- Payroll Services and Agency in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania and Kampala Uganda
- Human Resource (HR) and Employment Services and Agency in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania and Kampala Uganda