Our client a leading FMCG in East Africa is looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer.
The client seeks to fill the above position with a suitably qualified and competent person with extensive experience leading a finance function of a $50 million plus revenue company, preferably a business with a strong financing or credit component.
The ideal candidate has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. In addition, the CFO is responsible for developing strategies for financial and tax efficiencies and preserving the assets of the company through the provision of accurate information to stakeholders and informing the future strategy of the company.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities;
1. To take overall lead of all the company financial functions with full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial controls, and internal and external reporting.
2. Ensure that the organization is properly capitalized to finance its strategic plans.
3. Responsible for developing a deep understanding of the economics of the company’s turnaround plan, how differing recovery initiatives require different amounts and types of capital and approaches, and making sure that capital is available.
4. Provide timely and relevant information to the executive team and board, to assist with major strategic decisions.
5. Responsible for the design and implementation of a management accounting framework appropriate for where the business is today, and where the business is going in the next 5 years. This should provide management with top-notch data for informing strategic decisions, in which the Head of Finance will participate.
6. Guide the company to appropriately choose strategic investment options, based on their risk/return profile.
7. Assure that the organization has the optimal legal structure for our business lines i.e. review the current structure for its tax and cost efficiency, design and lead the implementation of any changes to the company structure if appropriate, and advise on optimal structures for subsidiaries in other markets.
8. Lead the organization in building a top-class finance team by mentoring and building on the team in place.
9. Play a key role in shaping the overall strategy of the business working closely with Board members and the executive team.
10. Establish strong working practices with other departments Commercial Services, HR and Admin, and Supply Chain.
The job holder should have the following qualifications;
1. Master’s Degree in Finance or any other relevant field.
2. Postgraduate qualification in Finance from a recognized institution.
3. Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya.
4. A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, five of which must be in a senior management position.
5. Extensive experience leading a finance function of a $50 million plus revenue company – preferably a business with a strong financing or credit component. Ideally experienced at dealing with subsidiaries in multiple countries, and at least some public company experience.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies;
1. Excellent leadership & management skills, including staff motivation.
2. Track record of performance and exceptional leadership capabilities.
3. Strong business acumen and Visionary but also pragmatic.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafricagroup.com and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to email@example.com by 15th November 2021 subject heading, as Chief Financial Officer. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CVs are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.