Our Client is an international Telecommunication Company Company involved in the manufacture and distribution of Telecommunication hardware and development of telecommunication infrastructure. The Company is present in several African countries supporting established telecommunication companies implement infrastructure development projects.
The client is already present in Tanzania but needs a Country Team leader with the with extensive experience and with established networks within the telecommunication sector and government circles.
The main duties of the Associate are;
1. Provide leadership to the sales team in the Tanzania subsidiary;
2. Lead business development initiatives to assure consistent business growth. Specific responsibility shall include ensuring the company penetrates large infrastructure projects with leading telecommunication companies in Tanzania.
3. Manage tender process for infrastructure projects from calls for tender to contract negotiation.
4. Initiate, develop and maintain sound business relations with existing and potential customers in the Tanzanian market.
5. Ensure the company stays abreast of the market needs and sector plans. Specific responsibility is to understand customer needs and develop solutions that meet those needs.
The job holder should be a Tanzania national with the following qualifications:
i. A Degree in Engineering or Business related field. A Masters of Business Administration Degree will be an added advantage
ii. Have at least five years of experience in Tanzania 3 of which should be in a management position in telecommunication sales role.
The job holder should posses the following skills and competences
a) Commercial skills
i. Able to start with small entities and grow them successfully in a short time
ii. Very strong ability to identify business opportunities and turn a customer problem into a business opportunity.
iii. Knowledge of the Infrastructure Market in Tanzania (Telecoms and Electrification)
iv. Strong knowledge of its market (competition, trend, financing options etc)
b) Communication Skills
i. A great listener
ii. Ability to make presentations to clients and partners.
c) Technical skills
i. Good understanding of Tanzania telecommunication and energy sectors
ii. Good understanding of technological trends in telecommunication
d) Leadership skills
i. Able to work independently as a team leader
ii. Ability to inspire others and create great teams
E. IMPORTANT PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
I. highly self motivated and self driven
II. charismatic personality
III. highly enthusiastic person
IV. good in creativity and innovation
An indicative gross salary of 5000 dollars per month with performance based incentives.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading of Country Sales Manager, Tanzania (Telecommunication Sector)
CVs will be analyzed as they are received and successful candidates contacted for preliminary telephone interview by 20th March 2017. CV must indicate expected salary.
Covers letters are not required
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.