Our client a leading FMCG in East Africa is looking to hire a General Manager – Sales.
The client seeks to fill the above position with a suitably qualified and competent person with extensive experience in Sales and Marketing in Kenya.
The suitable candidate job will be to develop and implement Sales and Marketing strategies to ensure increased market share and profitability on sustainable basis in line with the strategic plan and annual Business Plan, and provide overall direction for sales and marketing operations to ensure customer retention.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities;
1. Direct the sales and commercial department to achieve objectives established in the company turnaround plan.
2. Work with the Board of Directors and the Managing Director to set the annual income targets for the company.
3. Analysis of sales statistics to determine business growth potential across various segments.
4. Initiate action plans to approach and secure new businesses for the company.
5. Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for all product lines.
6. Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to pre-set standards and industry and economic trends.
7. Develop and communicate a clear understanding of customer needs across various segments.
8. Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities based on the marketing plan.
9. Develop guidelines and manage the communication with customers throughout the purchasing process to ensure retention and satisfaction.
10. Recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share and meet set revenue targets.
11. Direct market channel development activities and coordinate sales & distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals for sales force.
12. Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories by projecting expected sales volume and profit for all products.
13. Review and analyse sales performance against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectiveness of the sales force and recommendation of remedial actions.
14. Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail in line with laws and regulations.
15. Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
16. Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
17. Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities and recommends adjustments in the route to market.
18. Directs product research and development.
19. Oversee the preparation of the Department’s annual operating and capital budgets ensuring that the budget conforms to the overall business strategy and remaining accountable for its implementation.
The job holder should have the following qualifications;
1. Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Marketing/Strategic Management or any other relevant field.
2. Postgraduate qualification in Marketing from a recognized institution.
3. Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketers.
4. A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, five of which must be in a senior management position.
5. Experience in sales and marketing in a manufacturing organization.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies; a) Excellent leadership & management skills, including staff motivation. b) Strong business acumen and Visionary but also pragmatic. c) Good knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning. d) Good negotiation skills and presentation Skills. e) Track record of performance and exceptional leadership capabilities. f) Problem Solving, ability to work effectively in a team environment.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafricagroup.com and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th November 2021 subject heading, as General Manager -Sales. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CVs are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.