A. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Our client is a one of a leading Logistics Company offering transport & logistics, Media platform, Tour and hunting safaris, Oil marketing and Clearing/Forwarding services in Tanzania.
The Client seeks to fill the above position with a suitably qualified and competent person
B. JOB PURPOSE
This position is responsible for a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties for the General Manager, Board of Directors and other Company’s Management including:
• Supporting to strategic Plan and Mission Statement by keeping employees involved and informed
• Acting as custodian of minutes, resolutions and ordinance books in accordance with retention requirements
• Updating Administrative Code and the Company; creating and maintaining Company Board Meeting agendas, including incorporating agenda material for presentation for routine, special and adjourned meetings.
• A working knowledge and understanding of Company safety rules and regulations, as well as active participation in the Company’s safety programs is necessary.
• Incumbents may not regularly perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business or staffing needs and changing business practices as defined by the General Manager& Directors.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers and screens phone calls and manages the General Manager’s mail.
2. Provides administrative support to the General Manager and the Board of Directors.
3. Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and events, including registration and travel arrangements as necessary.
4. Transcribes drafts, proofreads and revises correspondence, memos, flyers, agendas, minutes, resolutions and policies.
5. Assists in the completion of various forms, notices, press releases and other communications, which may require posting and/or publication.
6. Assists with project monitoring and budget tracking.
7. Assists Directors &General Manager with customer inquiries and problem resolution.
8. Assists in meeting preparation, set-up and clean up.
9. Updates Company information on a regular basis.
10. Exhibits ability to constructively deal with conflict and afford effective resolutions.
11. Suggests policy changes in order to streamline department operations.
12. Assures departmental operations within budgetary guidelines.
13. Exhibits willingness to ensure successful inter-departmental relationships.
14. To attend meetings, briefings & internal or external training sessions as required.
15. To act wholeheartedly in the interests of the Company at all times & not to perform, arrange or carry out any work or activity which could be considered to be in competition with or affect in any way the company interests or be detrimental or damaging to its public image.
16. To ensure maximum efficiency, employees are engaged on the basis that they must be prepared to undertake reasonable duties other than those for which they have been specifically engaged.
17. All employees are expected to co-operate with the management, to ensure the successful application of the Company’s Equal Opportunities & Harassment policies.
18. To carry out any reasonable & lawful direct instruction given by a Head of Department / Assistant / Manager or Director during working hours.
19. To performs all related duties as assigned.
D. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
1. Should be female age not less than 30 years of age
2. Must have a bachelor’s degree in a business field
3. Should be a Tanzanian
4. Not less than 3 years’ experience
5. Experience as a senior Secretary or PA will be an added advantage.
E. ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies
• Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills.
• Team work skills.
• Time management skills.
• Accuracy and good attention to detail.
• Negotiation skills.
• Be Self-Motivated
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
G. HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 2020 subject heading as PERSONAL SECRETARY Applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Our Services include:
a. Payroll Services in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
b. Outsourced Payroll in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
c. Recruitment Agency in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
d. Staff and Executive Recruitment Service in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
e. Human Resource Outsourcing in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
f. Employer of Records in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
g. Executive Recruitment in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)