A. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Our client is a one of the most valuable Logistics Company that deals with services in transport and logistics, Media platform, Tour and hunting safaris, Oil marketing and Clearing/Forwarding services.
The Client seeks to fill the above position with a suitably qualified and competent person.
B. JOB PURPOSE
Overview takes complete responsibility for specific workshop jobs. Main activities will be dismantling, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, assembling and testing diesel engines spares and assemblies. Will need “hands-on” approach to other mechanical engineering projects.
This will include responsibilities such as:
1. Working with all Engineers and technical team in successfully implementing the Quality Program and in managing project risks with discipline leads.
2. Work with Quality Manager and Project Managers to assist with performance monitoring and records maintenance of all project reviews, QA reviews.
3. Monitor the effectiveness of the Quality Program implementation through project audits.
4. Maintain project audit schedules and perform audits.
5. Participate in the coordination of employee training and quality awareness activities.
6. Participate in monitoring quality activities for multiple projects.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Inspects maintenance activities such as handling, storing, servicing and repairing of Motor Transportation equipment assigned.
2. Responsible for conducting quality control inspections on all motor Transportation equipment.
3. Responsible for collecting and analyzing data to make decisions that improve maintenance quality, performance, and customer satisfaction.
4. Analyze and display data to allow decision making based on maintenance history and quality performance data.
5. Monitors the activities of all personnel engaged in the input, receipt, and dissemination of vehicle, and related reports.
6. Coordinates with supervisors to ascertain compatibility of procedures among various organizations or branches engaged in maintenance support activities and to ensure a close integration of operations.
7. Coordinates with management to train employees on the techniques and tools to identify, analyze, and lead efforts to solve problems and to provide improved customer satisfaction.
8. Identify opportunities for process improvements. Establish and lead teams to work process improvement initiatives. Document team progress.
9. Collect, monitor, display, interpret, and communicate process metrics to senior management team. Achieve quality performance and productivity goals.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
D. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
1. Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering field.
2. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
3. Valid motor Vehicle Operator License.
4. Not less than 3 years’ experience
5. Should be a Tanzanian
6. Experience in applying engineering knowledge for new projects
E. ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies
• Must be flexible to take on additional tasks to assist company.
• PC literate
• Team player
• Positive approach to customer and clients.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret various engine manuals, parts manuals and instruction book.
• To carry out any reasonable & lawful direct instruction given by a Head of Department / Assistant / Manager or Director during working hours.
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
G. HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to email@example.com by 17th February 2020 subject heading as QUALITY CONTROLLERApplications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Our Services include:
a. Payroll Services in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
b. Outsourced Payroll in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
c. Recruitment Agency in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
d. Staff and Executive Recruitment Service in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
e. Human Resource Outsourcing in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
f. Employer of Records in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
g. Executive Recruitment in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)