Our client is an international Company providing customized supply chain, construction, technology, facility management and environmental management and turnkey solutions to government, and defense, and humanitarian sectors. The Client is expanding Uganda operations and needs more staff.
The job holder will, be responsible for the following;
- Manage, supervise, monitor and record the movement of stock and coordinate deliveries with particular attention to cost control, quality and timely delivery
- Plan routes, products, and process shipments and shipments documentation
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full logistic cycle
- Handle technical details relating to transportation, such as transportation regulations and any necessary documentation.
- Liaise, build relationships and negotiate with logistic contractors.
- Manage relationships with third party logistics partners. Protection measure for goods in transportation and goods in transit mitigations systems
- Assist in analyzing operating procedures, and prioritizing any logistic procedures.
- Keep track of logistics, pickup and delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Analyze transportation spend and support on deciding on strategies to minimize administrative work
- Efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and delivery schedules within a budget or distribution strategy.
- Prepare fleet reports, as well as a logistics report
- Maintain familiarity with relevant logistics compliance issues as required by the policies of our investors, and legal statutes in order to ensure compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing sector
- Professional Qualification is an added advantage
- Experience in customs, clearance and importation.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication
Our Client is offering a competitive Salary of between Ush. 3,646,000- Ush. 5,469,000
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV only to email@example.com with the Heading- Logistics Supervisor on Subject Line before 25th January 2019. However applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.