A. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Our client is a one of the most valuable Logistics Company that deals with services in transport and logistics, Media platform, Tour and hunting safaris, Oil marketing and Clearing/Forwarding services.
The Client seeks to fill the above position with a suitably qualified and competent person.
B. JOB PURPOSE
Overview takes complete responsibility for specific workshop jobs. Main activities will be dismantling, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, assembling and testing diesel engines spares and assemblies. Will need “hands-on” approach to other mechanical engineering projects
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Dismantle engine assemblies and other equipment including clutches, steering legs and compressors.
2. Clean and inspect spares, highlighting any items that do not meet job requirements.
3. Rebuild equipment including engines, turbochargers, fuel pumps and other ancillary equipment.
4. Carry out testing and inspection to ensure spares and assemblies meet our high standards.
5. Fault diagnosis using systematic approach including the use of a PC in with the engine management/control systems.
6. Complete strip reports, test sheets, engineers’ reports and other documentation in a clear concise manner to communicate to the Bartech team.
7. Provide daily updates, including site reports when on service work.
8. Communicate constructively.
9. Take full responsibility for the quality of work.
10. Work in a safe and organized way.
11. Ensure your work area is kept clean tidy and organized. Requirements
12. Good practical engineering background.
13. Experience of working on medium speed engines used in marine and industrial sectors.
D. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
1. Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field
2. Driving License
3. Not less than 3 years’ experience
4. Should be a Tanzanian
5. Experience in applying engineering knowledge for new projects
E. ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies
• Must be flexible to take on additional tasks to assist company.
• PC literate
• Team player
• Positive approach to customer and clients.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret various engine manuals, parts manuals and instruction book.
• To carry out any reasonable & lawful direct instruction given by a Head of Department / Assistant / Manager or Director during working hours.
• To performs all related duties as assigned.
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
G. HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th February 2020 subject heading as WORKSHOP ENGINEER Applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Our Services include:
a. Payroll Services in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
b. Outsourced Payroll in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
c. Recruitment Agency in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
d. Staff and Executive Recruitment Service in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
e. Human Resource Outsourcing in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
f. Employer of Records in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)
g. Executive Recruitment in East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda)